I decided to bring out my slow cooker this week for a little help with dinner. This is Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon one of the easiest crock-pot recipes and the end result is some amazing comfort food. I hope this can become a go-to recipe for your family when you’re having a busy week.
What you will need
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 yellow onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1 bottle Pinot Noir
- 1 ½ cup beef broth
Place the flour in a large dish. Generously, season the beef with salt and pepper and add to the flour to coat evenly. Transfer to the floured beef onto a clean plate.
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil until almost smoking. Place the meat in the skillet allowing the beef to sear on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to your slow cooker.
Add the veggies and herbs to slow cooker.
Off the heat, pour the wine and beef broth into the sauté pan and set over medium-high heat. Whisk the liquid, scraping up the browned bits from the pan bottom. Add to the slow cooker, cover and cook until the meat is fork tender, 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Serve with steaming hot mashed potatoes.